[Nix-dev] Re: Proprietary fonts not installed by default

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Thu Jul 9 23:13:27 CEST 2009

Hello,

Tony White <tonywhite100 at googlemail.com>
writes:

> Yes, I'm not sure that NASA would agree about the space rocket
> blueprints being freely distributable, etc but it is a fun analogy. :)

The Liberation Fonts are distributed under GPLv2 + an exception that
reads this (among other things):

   As a special exception, if you create a document which uses this
   font, and embed this font or unaltered portions of this font into the
   document, this font does not by itself cause the resulting document
   to be covered by the GNU General Public License.

Thanks,
Ludo'.