[Nix-dev] Re: Why stdenv-updates branch?

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 18:51:26 CEST 2009

I like the stdenv-updates branch, which holds testing of changes in
the stdenv expression, which most nixpkgs derivations depend of.

I use to get trunk changes mostly when I want to commit an update
there, and I don't do it that often. I also use NixOS, so
nixos-rebuild with a stdenv change even every two weeks would be a bit
annoying for me. Even using hydra's binaries, it isn't that quick
getting the bunch of kde42 packages.

I liked how the last stdenv-updates merge worked, where I noticed a
new gcc and glibc. I don't know if the stdenv-updates testers, those
who use the branch developing it, specially desire it for the nixos
expression of their usual system, which may include not only kde42,
but also much more.

Regards,
Lluís.