[Nix-dev] Re: is the default builder able to deal with fetchurl being given a tar.xz archive?

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 21 01:43:02 CEST 2009

2009/7/20 Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru>:

Thanks for the replies, builder-defs does seem like the way to go
although I'd prefer to specify the xz dep in the expression in the
long run so I'm a little torn. Do either and I would break my tracking
of the updates you guys push, well sort of (Using git svn to pull the
nixos and nixpkgs branches from trunk instead of svn makes it
relatively easy,) so I better stay off this one a little while, have a
further think about it and make a decision on whether I want to go
that way when I have got round to setting up a hydra server on my
spare machine.

Many thanks for the info. At least now I know it is possible, how to
do it and how far I need to look when considering changes like this in
the future.

Thanks guys,
Tony