[Nix-dev] Re: Hey, this looks interesting

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:06:30 CEST 2009

2009/7/21 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> Hello,
>
> Tony White <tonywhite100 at googlemail.com>
> writes:
>
>> http://oswatershed.org/
>
> Interesting project.
I agree.

>> Maybe a NixOS addition to the distro section would be worth an ask?
>
> Yes, IMO.
The guy has the web site code stored in github. I guess he would
better welcome a patch to add NixOS, instead of getting him all
familiar with it.
http://github.com/tannewt/open-source-watershed/tree/master
As far as I read from the front page (last paragraph), he is the only
guy working on that site.

>> Could oswatershed be useful to NixOs or does Hydra already have a
>> mechanism to discover upstream releases?
>
> No.
At first glance I thought oswatershed was for competing among
distributions ;) I didn't think it would be of any usage other than
feeling happy of being ahead of other distros. hehe

Regards,
Lluís.