[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 16460 - eelco - in nixos/branches/modular-nixos/modules/services/networking: . ssh

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Sun Jul 26 23:24:41 CEST 2009

Eelco Dolstra wrote:

> Nicolas Pierron wrote:
>
>>> +    # !!! This barfs because of the mkIf ("value is a list while an
>>> +    #attribute set was expected") :-(
>>> +    #networking.firewall.allowedTCPPorts = [22];
>>> +
>>>   };
>>>
>>>  }
>> This is working if you don't forget to import "firewall.nix".  Didn't
>> I mention that maintaining such things by hand sucks?
>
> I do import it in my own configuration.nix.

But I forgot that the generation of the configuration.nix manpage uses an empty
configuration that didn't include firewall.nix.  Doh.

However I don't agree that this has anything to do with maintaining the default
import list by hand.  I didn't include firewall.nix yet because it wasn't ready,
and no automatic tool can determine whether such a module should be included.