[Nix-dev] nix + rubygems + sinatra

Jim Pick jim at jimpick.com
Tue Mar 3 04:17:59 CET 2009

Hi,

I've been playing around with packaging up some Ruby Gems with Nix
expressions.  If anybody else is interested, here's my tree:

http://github.com/jpick/nixos-xen64-nixpkgs/tree/master

It's still sort of experimental at the moment.  But I can do 'nix-env -i
jim-sinatra-test', and get a simple little webserver running a hello
world example.

Since there isn't much in the way of documentation, I would greatly
appreciate it if anybody has enough time to look at my expressions, and
give me any pointers or style tips.

http://github.com/jpick/nixos-xen64-nixpkgs/tree/b4717e2043e6b3df014008399fa227b1e2e28ca1/pkgs/jim-custom

I don't mind contributing changes back to the main tree.

I'd actually like to come up with an automated way of generating nix
expressions from Ruby gems, if that is possible.

Cheers,

  - Jim