[Nix-dev] new personal test branch merging and following trunk, fix-style

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Mar 7 22:52:39 CET 2009

I can't wait till every patch of the fix-style has been approved and or
reviewed.

That's why I've started a personal merge branch following both
fix-style and trunk using top-git.

I've done the merge based on both branches -r14413.

If you're interested in the conflict resolution files I can send you the
git rerere cache files.

How to get the branch?

git clone git://mawercer.de/nixos -o mw
tg remote --populate mw
git checkout t/trunk-fix-style-merge

Because top git (tg) supports distributed developement you can update
and commit changes as well. To update the branch as well simply run

tg info # review patches which will be updated
tg update # make the branch follow trunk/  fix-style by merging.

However for new topics you should start another topic branch yourself.

This is meant to be only a temporarely solution for me. Why?
I'll mirror the subversion repostiory automatically soon. However to
commit patches you still have to use your own svn or git svn controlled
repostiory. (It should be easy to move patches by git format-patch and
git am though).

Sorry for all the stress I might have put on you by talking about
fix-style and pushing the inclusion of fix-style into trunk.

I feared that contributing my changes back to the svn repository will
become more work this way. Let's see.

Sincerly
Marc Weber