[Nix-dev] Re: adapters.nix for -fPIC or -m32

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Mar 11 13:11:24 CET 2009

Hi Lluís,

 > With Pierron we talked on irc about the -fPIC option to be added
 > maybe to every package, and he suggested the stdenv/adapters.nix
 > file.

just in case you consider doing those changes in the SVN repository, I'd
like to point out that I'm not at all thrilled by the notion of setting
this flag globally. I realize that such an approach would be very
convenient for your purposes, but IMHO this kind of thing really ought
to be configured *per package*, preferably my means of a parameter
that's being passed to the expression.

Take care,
Peter