[Nix-dev] wmii and xrandr

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Fri Mar 13 00:26:12 CET 2009

> wmiir xwrite /ctl quit
>
> > properly anyway.. I never switch .. ) and I'd be happy because I could
> > just use the hacky way which I already know to be working without much
> > testing or rebuilding etc..
> > I won't harm anyone stepping in fixing this properly. :)
>
> Yes, but we should avoid to commit hacky stuff as long as this is not
> a primary issue for most of the users.
so how do we destinguish the case wmii has been quit and should be
restarted from wmii has been quit?

one way would be
touch /var/run/wmii-restart

and then use

A)
  rm /var/run/wmii-restart
  while :; do
    wmii
    [ -e /var/run/wmii-restart ] || break
  done

B)
restartWmii(){
  touch /var/run/wmii-restart
  pkill wmii; # HACKY! try wmii quit ?
  wmii
  rm /var/run/wmii-restart
}

Where A) could be put into a shubshell to keep one PID so that waitPID
can be used?

Marc