[Nix-dev] Choose the kernel version in nixos

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Fri May 15 12:36:55 CEST 2009

Hi,
Cryopid do not work any more with recent linux kernels.  Thus I would
like to rebuild my system with a specified kernel version.  An old
message on this list suggests that this is possible:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/344

But I was not able to find what option exactly I should use (I was not
able to spot anything related in the documentation.  I tried something
like
  kernel = { version = "2.6.25.20"; };
at top level in configuration.nix and other variants.)

Can someone confirm that this is actually possible and give me more
directions.

Thanks,
Marco