[Nix-dev] Choose the kernel version in nixos

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Fri May 15 14:21:47 CEST 2009

On May 15, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Michael Raskin wrote:

> Marco Maggesi wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Cryopid do not work any more with recent linux kernels.  Thus I would
>
> Maybe there is any newer version?

Seems that the development of Cryopid has been revitalized recently, but
a new version has not been released yet.

>> But I was not able to find what option exactly I should use (I was
>> not
>> able to spot anything related in the documentation.  I tried
>> something
>> like
>>  kernel = { version = "2.6.25.20"; };
>> at top level in configuration.nix and other variants.)
>
> boot.kernelPackages = pkgs.kernelPackages_2_6_25;

Ok, thanks.  This worked.

However, I just released that I also have compile cryopid with the
headers of the same kernel version.

How can I specify this in the nix expression?

I tried the following (frankly, I do not understand very well what
I'm doing here)

   buildInputs = [zlibStatic kernelPackage_2_6_25];

but nix complains that kernelPackages_2_6_25 is an attribute instead
of a derivation (if I understand correctly the error message).

Thank you,
M.