[Nix-dev] nix-pull failed

Eelco Visser E.Visser at tudelft.nl
Sun May 17 11:55:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to build a VirtualBox image for running a hands-on tutorial
about Stratego/XT.

I've installed nix-0.13pre15214 Nix via the Ubuntu package (good that
there are debian installs).

Next, I'm trying to install the Stratego/XT packages from
releases.strategoxt.org, but there
I get stuck. Taking the one-click install from

http://releases.strategoxt.org/strategoxt/strategoxt-0.17pre19210-3wyrxd7y/

I get:

--------------------------
Do you want to install `strategoxt-0.17pre19210' (Y/N)? y

Pulling manifests...
sh: /usr/bin/curl: not found
obtaining list of Nix archives at
`http://releases.strategoxt.org/strategoxt/strategoxt-0.17pre19210-3wyrxd7y/MANIFEST'...
/usr/bin/nix-prefetch-url: line 63: /usr/bin/curl: No such file or directory
cannot fetch `http://releases.strategoxt.org/strategoxt/strategoxt-0.17pre19210-3wyrxd7y/MANIFEST'
at /usr/bin/nix-pull line 33.
nix-pull failed: 256

Now that I'm writing this email I see that /usr/bin/curl is missing.
I'll install that and try again. Shouldn't this be part of the
dependencies of the debian installation package of Nix?

-- Eelco
http://eelcovisser.org