[Nix-dev] Flags to configure script

Mads Lindstrøm mads_lindstroem at yahoo.dk
Sun May 24 15:57:20 CEST 2009

Hi

I am new to Nix and I must say, Nix seems like a really, really cool
idea. Previous to reading about Nix, I thought Linux distributions like
Debian, did package management in the best conceivable way. But now I am
not so sure ...

I have installed Nix on my Debian (Lenny) box and it went ok. However, I
am unsure if a gave the right flags to ./configure. I just used the
default flags, but from reading
http://mail.cs.uu.nl/pipermail/nix-dev/2008-December/001640.html :

"First, the docs state that --prefix=/nix is the default, but it seems
it's
/usr/local. At least make install (as a normal user!) tried to create
/usr/local/libexec or something and failed."

I suspect that I should have given the configure script the
--prefix=/nix flag. Should I have?

Greetings,

Mads