[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 15750 - NicolasPierron - in nixos/branches/modular-nixos: . hardware hardware/network hardware/network/smc-2632w hardware/network/smc-2632w/firmware hardware/network/smc-2632w/firmware/cis hardware/video hardware/video/encoder modules/hardware/network modules/hardware/network/smc-2632w modules/hardware/network/smc-2632w/firmware/cis modules/hardware/video/encoder

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Thu May 28 01:03:55 CEST 2009

Nicolas Pierron wrote:

> Log:
> Move hardware modules outside of the module directory because these are modules which should be imported only when you need to support some of them.

This doesn't seem like a good idea (and I'd like to revert).  They are modules
after all.  If the only reason is that you don't want them imported
automatically, then don't have the generator script put them in module-list.nix
(just filter out the whole modules/hardware directory).

But more fundamentally, shouldn't these modules behave like all other modules?
That is, that whether they're enabled or disabled is controlled by a config option?