[Nix-dev] update to build nautilus and compiz

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 02:41:18 CEST 2009

2009/5/27 Christoph Herbst <christoph.p.herbst at gmx.de>:

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 08:26:55PM +0100, Tony White wrote:
>> 2009/5/27 Christoph Herbst <christoph.p.herbst at gmx.de>:
>> > Hello Tony,
>> >
>> > it seams that you are right.
>> > The time zone information is included in the glibc package.
>> > Thanks for the hint.
>> > Now libgweather compiles, but I ran into a different issue:
>> > When compiling compiz, at some point it complains about not finding
>> > ranlib, even though it was used before.
>> >
>> > regards,
>> > Christoph.

>> Hi Christoph,
>> Is the compiz expression including binutils or ranlib as a dependency?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tony
>

> It has no explicit dependency on binutils, but i added it with the same results.
> When it comes to installing, libtool complains about ranlib not found.
>
> regards,
> Christoph.

Hi Christoph,
It seems like this maybe something someone else will know, I'm still
quite new to NixOS. Apparently, compiz does compile on NixOS, I have
never tried it but there is an existing expression for it. Are you
reusing the old expression? Maybe libtool is missing the dependency in
the expression but I couldn't say.

Anyone else able to offer any suggestions?

Hope you work it out,
Tony