[Nix-dev] GNOME desktop support

Sander van der Burg - EWI S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl
Fri May 29 16:28:42 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Lately I saw some patches on the mailing list which fixes the compilation of compiz and nautilus. Nautilus is part of the GNOME desktop and therefore I was wondering if anyone is interesting in having a supported GNOME desktop in NixOS. Maybe there are some GNOME users out here? I have experience with packaging GNOME when I was still working on Linux From Scratch.

I'd like to implement support for the GNOME desktop, since I'm working on desktop support in NixOS and I like to do some experiements with. However I'm a KDE user and not a GNOME user. So I'd like to implement GNOME support if anyone else is willing to keep the packages up-to-date in the future. Maybe this will attract more users as well ;)

Are there any rejections that I implement GNOME support? The expression will be similair to the KDE one.