[Nix-dev] Some feedback on the xserver in the modular NixOS branch

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:02:16 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 16:22, Sander van der Burg - EWI
<S.vanderBurg at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> I had to enable the kdm attribute *and* I had to disable slim otherwise and
> error is thrown. I think this should be handled a bit different. We should
> enable only one display manager at the same time and therefore not
> explicitly specifying to disable slim in this case.

Ok.  I let you remember that Slim should not depends on KDM and that
KDM should not depends on Slim.  So how to do that?
The only way to do such thing is to add an attribute which contains
the name of the display manager which have to be activated and in each
display manager we should replace the "mkIf cfg.enable" by "mkIf
dmcfg.name = "kdm" ".

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron