[Nix-dev] perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Sat May 30 14:51:12 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I'm getting a message about perl not having the right locales set and
was wondering if anyone knows if it's an error or if I need to add
something to configuration.nix?

Here's what I'm seeing :

sh-4.0$ sudo nixos-rebuild switch
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_GB.UTF-8"
obtaining list of Nix archives at
`http://nixos.org/releases/nixpkgs/channels/nixpkgs-unstable/MANIFEST.bz2'...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  403k  100  403k    0     0   364k      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--  387k
2217 store paths in manifest
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_GB.UTF-8"
store derivation is
/nix/store/11ppwx29w4ihfmlba1lssa6m509b07sa-nix-0.13pre15614.drv

The rest of the messages are normal.
If anyone knows how to deal with this new thing please?

Thanks,
Tony