[Nix-dev] Re: GRUB 2!

Tony White tonywhite100 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 14 23:20:09 CEST 2009

2009/10/14 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> ludo at gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> GRUB 2 has a ‘search’ command, which can take a UUID of filesystem label
>                                                      ^^^^
> Should read: “a UUID or a filesystem label”.
>
> Ludo’.

I think grub2 has device.map, when I nixos-install it displays the
device.map to screen but I don't know if generating it is part of the
grub legacy nix code?
Anyway, I tried it, twice and both times got initrd is too big and it
wouldn't boot the kernel.
Could fbcondecor be causing it do you think? I made sure only the
needed modules were added to the initrd the second time by overriding
them.

Thanks,
Tony