[Nix-dev] Re: difference build input and installable package ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Sep 24 12:09:01 CEST 2009

Excerpts from ludo's message of Thu Sep 24 10:19:49 +0200 2009:
> That looks terribly ugly to me, as it mixes different concerns.

Do you have a better suggestion which makes using alsa-pluigns that
easy?

As I've said using ALSA_PLUGIN_DIRS="$HOME/.nix-profile/lib/alsa-lib"” in /etc/profile
is not an option because you may want to install the i686 and x86_64
version.. Of course you could add both and make the patch skip .so files
belonging to the wrong architecture. Then it would work.. But how should
the system know if someone installs skype32?

I agree: it is ugly. But it does the job, doesn't it?

Marc Weber