[Nix-dev] nixUnstable nix-instantiate segfault for a nixos

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Apr 6 13:25:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

Lluís Batlle wrote:

> I run a x86_64-linux, and nix-instantiate fails (now segfault, now
> 'throw', now 'assertion failed, ...) evaluating the system derivation.

I think I've fixed this (or rather, worked around it).  The crash seems to be
triggered by r20929 (which passes all of Nixpkgs to libiodbc), so I've changed
libiodbc.  However, the real cause seems to be the long-standing Heisenbug in
the Nix expression evaluator.

> I tried with both i686 and x86_64 nixUnstable.

I've only encountered this problem on x86_64...