[Nix-dev] Re: another style proposal

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud+nix at ya.ru
Tue Apr 6 14:35:10 CEST 2010

Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> However, I think a better solution to reducing the duplication is to keep
> the formal function arguments, and call the function in all-packages.nix
> automatically (that is, with all expected arguments inherited
> automatically from
> `pkgs').  This is possible since Nix 0.14.
Of course, it is better. I didn't knew about this feature and tried to
emulate it in the wrong way. Thanks for explanation.

> On a different topic, I don't really like this whole getConfig /
> and then put this in your ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix:
>
>   { packageOverrides.libiodbc.useGTK = true; }
There were no overrides yet when getConfig appeared. You're right.

What do you think about packageOverrides.global (applies to all packages
before per-package overrides)?

--
Yury G. Kudryashov
Please, answer to list, not to all: I use usenet for distribution lists.