[Nix-dev] Re: Re: ${out}

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun Apr 11 17:58:50 CEST 2010

> derivation { configureFlags="--with-plugins=\${out}/lib/plugins"; }
personally I think using \${out} is not intuitive.
I'd prefer using \ for escaping and using ${out} to insert values which
is done everywhere (bash, ruby, PHP, ...)

I know that I've tried using this several times.
I've learned to use a preConfigure script now.
So I do no longer care.

The only opinion I have is don't use \${out} as placeholder. Use ${out}
to insert /nix/store/..
and use \${out} to insert '${out}' (which is never used anyway ?)

If this is documented I don't care.

Marc Weber