[Nix-dev] Re: Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 21131 - MarcWeber - in nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs: development/libraries development/libraries/wvstreams development/tools/misc development/tools/misc/usb-modeswitch os-specific/linux os-specific/linux/wvdial top-level

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Apr 20 22:38:34 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 07:24:25PM +0400, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Marc Weber wrote:
>
> >> yes, please do. That would be very much appreciated.
> > So tell me how to rewrite the given example without duplicating text.
> Look at "another style proposal" thread. My initial proposal is bad but
> Eelco Dolstra have proposed a nice syntax.

I started a new wiki article.
http://wiki.nixos.org/wiki/Open_issues:derivation_styles

If your preferred way is missing add it or add your comments.

The page collects ways to pass dependencies to deriviation.

Maybe this can at least clarify which options we have.

Is it ok if I rewrite all with styles using the
"rescuing with style" style ?

Marc Weber