[Nix-dev] udev-153

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud+nix at ya.ru
Thu Apr 22 19:04:52 CEST 2010

Hi!

Udev 153 released. New release does not allow us to rewrite firmware search
path at runtime, but it allows us to specify --with-firmware-
path=path1:path2:... configure option.

I propose to use /var/run/firmware:/root/test-firmware path, and symlink
/var/run/firmware to /nix/store/hash-firmware. /nix/store/hash-firmware will
contain symlinks to all files in hardware.firmware directory. This will not
allow us to modify the set of firmware files symlinked to /var/run/firmware
after the system is built, but for emergency case we'll have impure
/root/test-firmware path.

Any objections?