[Nix-dev] Re: patch to add glpk

Ludovic Courtès ludo at gnu.org
Fri Apr 23 23:22:49 CEST 2010

Hi Brian!

Brian Gough <bjg at gnu.org> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Here is a patch to add GLPK (the GNU linear programming library) to
> Nixpkgs.  If the format of the patch is ok I can do one for other
> missing gnu packages, either individually or as a combined patch.

Nice!  I’ve committed your patch (see
<https://svn.nixos.org/viewvc/nix?rev=21284&view=rev>) with minor
tweaks:

  1. Added you to ‘maintainers.nix’, which will save you some typing
     for the next packages.  ;-)

  2. Added ‘meta.platforms = all;’, which means that the package will be
     built by Hydra, and that it will be built on all supported
     platforms.  That also means that it will send you build
     notifications by email, which may or may not be what you want.

  3. Slightly changed formatting to conform to
     ‘doc/coding-conventions.xml’.

Also, note that nix-prefetch-url(1), which can be used to download the
tarball directly to the Nix store, returns a base32-encoded sha256 hash,
which is more compact that the hexadecimal version.

Welcome on board!  :-)

Ludo’.