[Nix-dev] Profiling support

Jean-Marie Gaillourdet jmg at gaillourdet.net
Mon Apr 26 14:09:39 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I am quite new to nix, but, yesterday, I managed to solve my initial problems with nix on Mac OS X 10.6 with help of the irc channel. Thank you very much.

But now to my question. Is there some standard way to declare that I want haskell libraries with profiling support? I was wondering whether it is advisable to add --enable-library-profiling to pkgs/development/libraries/haskell/cabal/cabal.nix ?

That would mean that I have to compile everything based on cabal by myself, wouldn't it? But, that would just cost some time to do the build?

Are there any other options to achieve my goal? Something like the Gentoo-style USE-flags mentioned in the other thread?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jean