[Nix-dev] Updating haskell packages to ghc 6.12.2?

Andres Loeh andres.loeh at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:32:36 CEST 2010

All my work during the past weeks has been towards getting ghc-6.12.*
into shape to become the default version. I'm glad to see that you
think the time has already come, but I am not quite so optimistic.
There are a couple of things that didn't work with ghc-6.12.1, and I
have not yet had time to properly test them with ghc-6.12.2. So no,
please do not yet change the default. As to the new Haskell Platform:
it is not intended to work with ghc-6.10.4. That's what the "old"
platform is for. So I'm personally not aware of anything being broken
right now. If you want to use ghc-6.12.*, you can do it. It's just not
the default yet.

Cheers,
  Andres