[Nix-dev] Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: alsaib patch 2snd part

Lluís Batlle viriketo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:00:24 CET 2010

Hep,

2010/1/5 Ludovic Courtès <ludo at gnu.org>:
> Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> writes:
>>> I don’t think anything like that is needed: $ALSA_PLUGINS_DIR is read by
>>> alsa-lib, which allows it to find ALSA plug-ins, even those installed in
>>> the user environment.  That’s all we need, right?
>> consider an x86_64 system. Now intall i686 Skype
>
> Honestly, I don’t care about proprietary software, especially if the
> technical price to pay is so high.
This reminds me of the libGL.so problem, solved through nixos
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, when nixos' nvidia closed GL comes into play for
x86_64, while google earth binaries come as i686 in a user profile.
I think these fit into the kind of problems you like to solve. ;)

Nevertheless, some users care, and also I would like to have that
skype (still) working. :)

I haven't understood the problems stated here much - I don't use alsa
plugins (afaik), and alsamixer, arecord, aplay, skype in a x86_64
kernel, always worked for me.