[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 22164 - eelco - nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/os-specific/linux/mountall

David Brown nix at davidb.org
Mon Jun 7 17:01:40 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 12:14:47PM +0000, Eelco Dolstra wrote:

>* Emit a "mount-failed" event if a filesystem cannot be mounted or
>  fscked.

This means I finally have to get around to creating a fsck.btrfs in
order to be able to actually boot my systems.

Btrfs is like xfs in that the kernel does the checking and repair.
There is a program 'btrfsck', but it doesn't repair anything, and is
only really intended for developers.

I wonder what the best approach to this is.  What about if I just
create an executable script fsck.btrfs with

   #!/bin/sh
   echo fsck.btrfs "$@" done by kernel

The other option is to teach the auto fsck that btrfs doesn't need to
run anything.

David