[Nix-dev] Re: Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 22282 - MarcWeber - nixpkgs/branches/stdenv-updates/pkgs/stdenv/generic

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Jun 16 01:53:07 CEST 2010

> That doesn’t seem useful to me since one can add, e.g.,
>
>   postConfigure = "set -x";
>
> And it slightly obscures the code.
>
> Revert?

You noticed that

- now you always see all configure flags. Previously only some were printed.

- this obscuring method makes it possible to add -j and -l flags in one
  place rather than in multiple places.
  How do you feel about this when also thinking about the following
  commit?

I prefer replacing

  echo "some build $flags"
  make -f $makeFile build $flags $somemoreflags

  echo "some check $flags"
  make -f $makeFile check $flags $somemorecheckflags

by

  cmd runMake build $flags $moreflags

  cmd runMake check $flags $somemorecheckflags

Would you still remove the echo lines because one can add, eg. ,
>   postConfigure = "set -x";
?

I'm curious how others think about this.

Marc Weber