[Nix-dev] Re: kerberos client and server

David Guibert david.guibert at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:08:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 17/06/2010 16:41, Marco Maggesi wrote:
> On Jun 17, 2010, at 9:50 AM, David Guibert wrote:
[...]
> Someone told me that openafs works better with MIT keberos than heimdal
> (don't know if this is true or not) and MIT keberos is what it is used
> in by my "neighborhoods", so I made a pragmatic choice.

Ok. I had updated openafs to version 1.5.74 when I tried without success
to set an openafs server.

> Now if more user are interested into it, we can try to improve the
> configuration mechanism.
>
>> Maybe we need a better way to specify the kerberos implementation.
>
> Yes, I think it is better to parametrize the nix expressions over the
> specific kerberos implementations so that each user can freely choose
> what she prefer.

We have nixpkgs.config to overrides kerberos.

  nixpkgs.config = {
    packageOverrides = pkgs : rec {
      kerberos = pkgs.krb5;
    };
  };

Are all the nixpkgs depending on kerberos compiling with MIT kerberos?
--
Regards, David