[Nix-dev] Re: off-list (was: Another approach at parallelizing in-build jobs)

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Jun 19 21:16:14 CEST 2010

> and confused and messy. We have to understand what exactly those people
> who oppose parallel builds are scared of, and then convince them that
> their worries are unfounded.
That's exactly what I was talking about. The only thing you could be
afraid of is having bad non failing builds.

I think everybody knows that. The question is: How to find out how big
this risk is?

I tried asking at #gentoo and ##linux whether someone has seen such a
case. I didn't got a reply which clearly said "yes"

Sorry if I miss the point. But I'm convinced that this is the point.

But you're right. I should shut up. I said everything which seems to be
important to me. Thanks for the hinting :)

Marc Weber