[Nix-dev] Re: Parallel building support, 1st attempt

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 22 20:45:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 06/22/2010 08:18 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> The "portability" issue is that there isn't any clear API to
> extract the number of CPUS programatically.

I don't see the portability issue, since this patch doesn't actually try to
determine the number of CPUs.  Instead it's up to the user to set `build-cores'.
 But even if we would interpret `build-cores = 0' as "guess the number of CPUs",
it doesn't have to be perfect.  If it doesn't work on some platform, you can
always set the value manually.