[Nix-dev] Parallel building support, 2nd attempt

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Jun 23 17:05:14 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Peter Simons's message of Wed Jun 23 16:40:23 +0200 2010:
> Hi,
>
> support for parallel builds is now in stdenv-updates. The only major change
> relative to the diff I posted is that the generic builder can auto-detect the
> number of available cores. To enable that feature, "build-cores" must be set to
> "0", "guess" or "auto". The same applies to the "--cores" command line argument
> (and, yes, it does work for nix-store, nix-build, and nix-env).

Hi Peter.

There is another major difference you really should mention:
Your second patch which you comitted opt-ins check and build phases
botth at the same time rather than opting in all all phases which was
done in your previous patch.

Marc Weber