[Nix-dev] A standard function to handle deps

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Jun 23 18:40:18 CEST 2010

> I did indeed miss the fact that you can pass var=null and that asserts only
> for optional vars aren't enough.

> So how about adding a "nullGuard" to stdenv.mkDerivation? It isn't going to
> affect a single working package but would help to catch errors early.
I'd like to wait until more people reply to this. I didn't encounter
such a case yet. So it may or may not help. In fact passing null could
be convenient in some cases eg for testing
Have you been hurt by a missing nullGuard function?

You don't have to reply to me directly. I read the mailinglist anyway.

Marc Weber