[Nix-dev] Re: What about official git mirrors? Proposal

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud+nix at ya.ru
Tue Jun 29 18:40:46 CEST 2010

Marc Weber wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Because my goals may differ slightly from those of others I'm looking
> for an easy way to continue sharing my work while following Nix upstream
> changes. Because I already know git very well I'd like to use git doing
> so.

> I CC'd Yury G Kudryashov because he has been maintaining the existing
> git mirror on github (which only mirrored nixos/master and
> nixpkgs/{trunk,stdenv-updates} in the past)
On gitorious. I read the list, so you don't have to CC me. I have only very
bad GPRS connection till 9 of July. Even "git svn rebase" takes too much
time.

> I CC'd Eelco Dolstra because I want him to offer an SSH account so that
> we can maintain this mirror as (official?) mirror and provide download
> links which are hosted on www.nixos.org.
Do you have ssh account somewhere? If yes, you don't need nixos.org account.
>     [remote "gitorious"]
>       push = refs/remotes/*:refs/heads/*
>
> So all which is left to be done for the cron-job is:
>
>   git svn fetch && git push gitorious &&
>   create-tar-for-users-who-want-to-commit-using-svn
I can give you commit access to svn-mirror repo and send my authors.txt
file, and you'll setup this cron job.