[Nix-dev] Re: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - 20653 - simons - nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/applications/editors/emacs-modes/magit

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Mar 16 16:13:01 CET 2010

Hi Ludovic,

 > How about using ‘fetchgit’?

you are right, that would be the superior approach.

Unfortunately, I'm behind a super paranoid firewall that doesn't allow
any real IP connectivity whatsoever. I can download files manually
through some elaborate procedure and run 'nix-prefetch-url' on the
target machine to import the tarball into the store. That works okay'ish
for single-file tarballs, but it doesn't work for funkier downloaders,
such as fetchgit. :-(

Take care,
Peter