[Nix-dev] my first Nixpkgs patches

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 01:33:38 CEST 2010

Hi François Perrad,

Sorry for the long delay. I've been busy. You're welcome.

patch adding perllib ack:

  +  ack = perlPackages.ack;

  Do you think your library is used very much?

  In any case you should consider calling the global name in
  all-packages.nix "perlAck". This naming is consistent and similar to

     perlXMLParser = perlPackages.XMLParser;

patch adding Scala:

  +    license = "bsd";

  Have a look at:
  pkgs/lib/licenses.nix

  We use upper case characters for BSD license.

patch adding groovy:

  +  inherit unzip;

  I don't think you have to define ENV var unzip. Adding it to
  buildInputs should suffice

  +  installPhase = ''
  +    mkdir -p $out
  +    mv * $out
  +    rm -f $out/bin/*.bat
  +  '';

  That's fine. Usually we use ensureDir instead of mkdir -p.

  By removing *.bat before copying to $out you can save some typing (but
  this is just a hint - you may ignore it):

  +  installPhase = ''
  +    ensureDir $out
  +    rm bin/*.bat
  +    mv * $out
  +  '';

patch 0002-add-perlcritic-1.105-and-Test-Perl-Critic-1.02.patch

  +  perlcritic = perlPackages.PerlCritic;

  Same as ack. See above

patch 0003-add-Gradle-0.8.patch

  +  inherit unzip;

  +    license = "bsd"; # Apache

  See above. I should have a look at Gradle.

Note: I didn't test your expressions. If you're fine with those small
changes I'll commit you patches.

Marc Weber