[Nix-dev] Nix package for rpm5

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Mar 31 10:00:12 CEST 2010

Hi, I made my first nix package - for rpm5:
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/rpm/nix-rpm5.diff

The Lua package didn't have* a shared library
and the static library wasn't built with -fPIC
so I had to change that before it would work
as an input to making new shared libraries...

There's no rpm bindings for perl/python yet,
as I couldn't make the install locations OK.

--anders

* this is upstream's fault, but some distros
patch in support for a shared lua lib anyway
(by making libtool construct a liblua-5.1.so)
nix probably wants to do that too, eventually