[Nix-dev] --infodir and --mandir (was: [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r24601 ...)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Nov 8 11:52:09 CET 2010

Hi Ludovic,

 > I’d rather not do that (change the info/man dirs) for every single
 > package out there.

nobody wants to change the info/man dirs for every single package out
there. I fixed the locations only for those packages that put them into
a non-standard location.

 >   1. How do we like the default values of mandir and infodir, which are
 >      ${prefix}/share/{info,man}?
 >
 >      I’m fine with them, and our default $INFOPATH makes the standalone
 >      info reader happy.

You realize that I changed the expressions to put --infodir and --mandir
into exactly those locations, right? Prior to that, those directories
had been located at $out/{info,man}, which is annoying, IMHO.

Take care,
Peter