[Nix-dev] mysql libraries

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Wed Sep 15 21:46:54 CEST 2010

The mysql derivation builds it's libraries in

...mysql-5.0.77/lib/mysql

rather than in

...mysql-5.0.77/lib

This means that when I set mysql as a build input the NIX_LDFLAGS gets a
-L...mysql-5.0.77/lib and thus cannot find the libraries which are
actually located in -L...mysql-5.0.77/lib/mysql

My workaround is to export LDFLAGS="${mysql}/lib/mysql" in my preconfigure
phase.  This is the same thing that the opendbx derivation does.  This
works, but it is kinda a pain.  For example propagateBuildInputs =
[mysql]; won't really do anything useful.

Wouldn't it be better if we had mysql build its libs into the $out/lib/
directory instead of the $out/lib/mysql/ directory?