[Nix-dev] Re: [loongson-dev] NixOS for the loongson2f based Lemote Fuloong Mini-PC

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viriketo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 22:58:22 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:23:19PM +0200, rixed at happyleptic.org wrote:
> -[ Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:32:44PM +0200, Lluís Batlle i Rossell ]----
> > the experimental support for the fuloong computer is already in NixOS
> > stdenv-updates (the development branch).
>
> This is really exciting.
> As I understand the wiki, this build a n32 userland ?
Yes.

Xorg with icewm work fine, and also firefox (without the javascript jit
compiler for loongson2f) and mplayer (not the loongson2f optimized).

> Any chance for this to work on yeeloong hardware too ?
No idea. I don't know what does the kernel need there. I used the vanilla kernel
defconfig "lemote2f_defconfig".
gcc 4.5.1 is also built there with "--with-arch=loongson2f".

I don't know the Yeelong hardware. If you want to try, I can assist on getting
it working there. Or I can build a system-tarball like that under special
conditions, like loongson2e or whatever. It should simply be 'a matter of build
time'.

Regards,
Lluís.