[Nix-dev] Replacing tsocks with torsocks

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Thu Sep 30 19:34:00 CEST 2010

(these questions are mainly directed at Phreedom)

I'm working on replacing tsocks with torsocks, and I have a few questions
about the torify configuration module:

Is there a reason for the default for services.tor.torify.server to be
"localhost:9050" instead of being cfg.client.socksListenAddress ?

Secondly, why is there a config option for the services.tor.torify.server?
Shouldn't we just use cfg.client.socksListenAddress without a
configuration options.

Thirdly, why is there a config option for services.tor.torify at all?
Wouldn't it be better to simply give everyone who uses
services.tor.client.enable torsocks without question?