[Nix-dev] nix-store --verify strange hashes

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Fri Dec 2 14:31:33 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 01:47:19PM +0100, Rickard Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my newly installed Sheevaplug NixOS system, I ran "nix-store --verify
> --check-contents". I then got a lot of output like this:

I never run this before on the sheevaplug.

Now I started it, and it starts saying some messages like this:
updating size field on `/nix/store/0kqb380a25xb7w4y09fx62dqxmvk7bi4-useradd.drv'
to 1064

Let's see what it does when it finishes.

> Is my database corrupt in some way? Can I fix it? Why did it happen, was
> it maybe because I started out with an old system-tarball? I didn't run
> nix-store --verify when I got the original system-tarball running, only
> after I got my system built more or less from scratch.

I don't remember if the system tarball loads a dump of the database from disk.
Does it in your version?

It has to be run after boot.