[Nix-dev] dlopen in NixOS

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 10:15:26 CET 2011

Hi!

Today I realized that Qt looks for many libraries using dlopen(). The list
of libraries Qt tries to dlopen() include:
* libXfixes
* libcups
* libGL
* libgdk-x11-2.0 (QtWebKit for flash plugin)
* libgtk-x11-2.0 (QtWebKit for flash plugin)
* Various gnome/gtk libraries if compiled with GTK+ style support
* libnsl (qprinterinfo_unix.cpp)
* libXrandr
* libXcursor
* libXinerama
* libwacomcfg
* libresolv (qhostinfo_unix.cpp)
* icui18n, icuuc (qlocale_icu.cpp)
* /usr/lib/libiconv (on MacOS X)

It seems that (most) of these calls should fail on NixOS. Is there any
standard workaround for this issue? Hardcode library paths into Qt code?

P.S.: I'll be able to tell you which of those calls actually fail when I'll
recompile Qt with debug messages.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru