[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] SVN commit: nix - r30988 - nix/branches/multiple-outputs-sandbox/tests

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Dec 20 19:17:14 CET 2011

Hi,

On 12/20/2011 06:38 PM, Shea Levy wrote:

> I know this is fighting a losing battle, but I thought I'd make one last
> argument in favor of allowing mutually recursive outputs.

Rejecting them is not a matter of principle.  It's just that all
existing code assumes that the references graph is acyclic (hence the
segfault in the garbage collector).  So supporting this would be a lot
of work.  If we want multiple output support anytime soon, it's better
not to do this.

Of course, in the future, if we *do* decide to support it, we can just
drop the check.