[Nix-dev] [REQUEST] Package for newly open sourced linux game, Beret

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Wed Dec 21 18:43:47 CET 2011

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:04:04 +0400, Michael Raskin <7c6f434c at mail.ru> wrote:
> >> I assume you meant you don't use NixOS and are not familiar with nix?

> >> I'll take a go at adding it to nixpkgs. (...)
> >
> >Well, thank the two of you for bringing this highly addictive game to
> >nixos :/
> >
> >However, F1 (save level state) and ESC (exit to map) are not working but
> >are just displaying "File was not opened". Any ideas?
>
> And exit doesn't save game state, either - but no errors are printed.

good news:
mkdir ~/.beret
mkdir ~/.beret/saves
mkdir ~/.beret/rooms
cd ~/.beret
beret

details:
at least the version shleavy packaged for nixos is not able to
create a config/state dir, except on OSX, it just assumes there is a
saves (and rooms?) folder in CWD (see game.c:818 and following).

bad news:
now it's actually fun to play the game...

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC