[Nix-dev] NixOS install from Linux using lilo

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 00:12:49 CET 2011

2011/12/25 Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de>

> Why are you trying to boot from CD?
> Why don't you just use your boot loader to choose "boot from cdrom"?
>
> Try to tell us what you want to achieve - then we can help you find the
> best and fastest way.
>
> I personally maintain a minimal bootstrapping archive which can be used
> to install nixos without CDROM as well.
>
> Marc Weber

Sorry, forgot to reply to all.

My netbook doesn't have a cdrom. And I dont have any flash-stick which I
can use as boot device right now. By the way, looks like I've already made
it - I've booted from CD image using grub and successfully installed Nixos
on hard drive. Next task is to configure it, so I am about to dive into
reading :)

Sergey

PS. the wiki is actually correct. that was my fault, I missed the phrase
'(look in "~/some_dir" for the exact init path)' before grub.conf record
example.