[Nix-dev] systemd on nixos

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 18:11:11 CET 2011

Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 08:58:44PM +0400, Yury G.  Kudryashov wrote:
>> Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:

>> > What is not working now, so we'd have to switch?
>> We do not _have_ to switch but systemd allows one to bootup a computer
>> much faster (most bash scripts are replaced by config files) etc.
Forgotten to say: the main features are parallelization and advanced xinetd
right in init program. So you don't need to waste you CPU & memory for sshd,
smbd, nmbd, cupsd unless someone tries to talk to these daemons.

Systemd allocates all needed sockets and TCP/UDP ports and starts most
services at the same time passing sockets to the daemons.

> I'd need some figures to compare. :)
We're preparing to celebrate New Year, so I don't want to search for figures
right now...
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru